Working in both my native languages, English and German, I focus on two general areas:
- Literature, culture, history and media and their associated theories
- Postcolonial literature and theory
- Discourse theory
- Historical theory and philosophy
- European cultural history
- Cultural theory
- Media theory
- Environmental conservation, in particular
- Climate protection
- Species conservation
- Environmental conservation
I regularly update my knowledge in these areas and follow professional discussions and developments through my membership of the Association for Anglophone Postcolonial Studies (GAPS) and the German Association of Historians (VHD).
Since I see my work as an opportunity to combine my professional and social responsibilities, I am particularly keen to take on projects relating to values and issues that I find convincing.